Date Conceived: 29th March 2020.
Everything is evidently slowing down as the Pandemic (COVID-19) is taking its toll on the world. But how has it affected messaging through email?
How has it affecting marketing? Are people still buying online like they used to?
Email marketing seems to be thriving from where I am standing –at least, at the moment.
People are still sending emails every day to millions of people. The catch is . . . email is working for those who aren’t caught in the fear of the world’s economy crashing.
I still get emails every day from all the ecommerce newsletters I am subscribed to. Online coaches selling online courses are still reaching out to me.
What does that say?
For one it’s saying the businesses involved aren’t letting the pandemic slow them down. Another thing is they have hope and they are sending it out to their readers. Hope so needed right now . . .
=è Email marketing at the moment is beyond just making sales. It’s about keeping the world calm and at peace with themselves.
If you’re an email copywriter out there . . . reading this, you have a huge responsibility on your shoulders. The people are counting on you – – – even if they don’t know it. . . .
HOW BEST CAN YOU CARRY OUT THIS RESPONSIBILITY?
- First I don’t think it will be wise to propagate the intensity of the covid-19 virus through your emails, the News outlets are enough.
- If you aren’t working solo . . . and you have a client, you have to let him/her know that selling with fear isn’t the best tactic.
- Know that as always, we are the background heroes. This time we have to kick it up a notch.
- People are still buying . . . essentials. Meaning everything you say must be geared in that direction. Cut out the crap.
- Help out business owners. Our compadres
You don’t have to do it for me. Who am I anyway . . . some guy you met on a webpage right?
But for the sake of our precious mother earth and for the fact that whatever you do finds its way right back to you. Consider it.
Pandemic or not, people need copy.